More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What you'll do
- Transport a variety of supplies and/or materials within the facility and externally operating a two axle transportation vehicle such as a truck, van and/or tow motor by methods such as loading items by hand or using pallet jack, transporting to specific unit/department, delivering specials such as perishable or valuable items and performing routine maintenance and inspection duties on vehicles.
- Delivers specials such as perishables or valuable items by performing duties such as picking up item from Stores, signing delivery receipt, transporting goods to department/unit, obtaining signature to confirm receipt and returning signed copy to Stores to ensure immediate delivery.
- Performs routine inspection/maintenance duties on vehicles by methods such as gassing truck, cleaning cab and box, checking belts, lights, tires and oil, maintaining fluid levels, recommending repairs and taking trucks in for service as required to ensure safe and efficient operation of vehicles before daily use.
- Specific to Vancouver General Hospital & Langley Memorial Hospital Sites: Transports food carts from the kitchen to the extended care facility.
- Specific to Langley Memorial Hospital Site: Empties linen chutes, loads soiled laundry for return to contractor facility, return waste from extended care facility to compactors at LMH, transports pharmacy products to the ECU facilities.
What you bring
- Grade 10, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 5 vehicle licence.
- Experience driving a 5 tonne truck or courier van is an asset
- Effective communication both verbal and writing skills
- Ability to organize work
- Abillity to operate related equipment
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type: Casual (Casual is defined as on call with no guaranteed hours. Shifts can be called out via short call (1-5 hours of notice) or pre-booked).
Wage: $20.97 per hour + 12.6% straight time pay in lieu
Location: Langley Memorial Hospital - 22051 Fraser Hwy, Langley Twp, BC V3A 4H4
Closing date: Open until Filled
Hours of work: 05:45-13:45 and 10:45-18:45 Rotating
Requisition #: 131359E
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.