More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Concurrent Disorder Counsellor - Alouette Correctional Centre for Women, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services
Concurrent Disorder Counsellor
Alouette Correctional Centre for Women, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, Maple Ridge, $34.26 to $42.73 per hour
Are you a compassionate and effective counsellor? Join us and improve the well-being of patients with challenging co-occurring substance use and mental health.
What you’ll do
- As part of an inter-professional health care team, plan, implement and assess individualized client treatment programs using a trauma-informed framework and culturally safe methods.
- Conduct group counselling and psycho-educational sessions.
- Enroll patients in support programs.
- Monitor systems to ensure client, staff, family and general public safety and take action as necessary.
- Participate in the orientation and continuing education of counselling and health care professionals and students. Contribute information in rounds, committees and staff meetings.
- Maintain accurate client files, referral and assessment forms. Prepare discharge summaries.
- Meet regularly with the Health Care Manager to discuss program development/changes, program needs, and specific client concerns. Participate in program measurement, planning, and evaluation. Represent the Forensic Regional Clinics in the community through committee participation and public education.
- Participate in collegial support, practicum student supervision and consultation. Maintain knowledge of current related developments in substance use and mental health issues.
What you bring
- A Master’s Degree in an allied health discipline (counselling and/or social work).
- Three (3) years’ of recent related clinical experience, including at least one (1) year of experience in a concurrent disorder program providing therapeutic individual and group counselling.
- Registration with a recognized professional body.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $34.26 to $42.73 per hour
24800 Alouette Road, Maple Ridge
Applicants accepted until the position is filled
Monday to Friday; 0800 - 1600
Requisition Number: 90718
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges. BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of December 29, 2019. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.