More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Assistant Health Services Manager
Assistant Health Services Manager
North Fraser Pretrial Services Centre
1451 Kingsway Avenue, Port Coquitlam, BC BC V3C 1S2
You are a person who promotes the philosophy and goals of the organization and the services by applying and contributing to the evaluation of standards, policies, practices, and procedures including the provision of Health Services involving the safety and well-being of a the client population, and promotes an environment of evidence based practice that encourages research, and supports opportunities for teaching and education of students and staff.
What you’ll do
- Provide input into the strategic planning process and coordination of operational planning across the assigned health care centre in collaboration with the Health Services Manager. Assist with the integration of specific goals and objectives into the activities of the Health Services ensuring linkages with individual performance plans, and quality management initiatives.
- Assist with on-going trauma informed team planning, development, evaluation and quality improvement activities that facilitate team goal setting, problem solving, conflict resolution and collaboration by helping to coordinate and/or facilitating meetings and in-services; reviewing team policies and procedures, revising documents, and developing new policies and procedures as directed; recommending and utilizing outcome measures, implementing new approaches to care, and contributing to the evaluation of changes in patient centered primary care practice; composing semi-annual and annual reports as required; and providing input to the Health Services Managers and the Regional Director regarding efficiency of processes and procedures and changes in policies and procedures to ensure streamlined, effective and client/family centered practices.
- Manage service area operations by coordinating and establishing priorities, assessing and monitoring staffing requirements and supplies.
- Implement a defined workforce plan in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders that ensures the availability of adequate and appropriate staff according to operational demands and environmental and resource constraints.
- Contribute to the implementation and evaluation of staffing patterns, rotations and vacation schedules to ensure adequate staffing to meet client needs.
- Provide leadership to staff through collaborative coaching, guiding and modeling key behaviours and strategies, encouraging dialogue and providing guidance and advice to facilitate resolutions to work issues. Fosters partnerships and maintains work systems that ensure seamless client flow.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a related health profession from an accredited University. Plus a minimum of seven years recent related clinical experience including two years working in a managerial/leadership capacity in a clinical setting, preferably in primary care.
- Current practicing registration with a relevant professional association.
- Occupational First Aid Level 2 certification (OFA Level 3 certification required at the Ford Mountain Correctional Centre).
- Solid clinical knowledge of primary care practices.
- Strong skills in trauma informed clinical and operations management
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 1451 Kingsway Avenue, Port Coquitlam, BC BC V3C 1S2
Hours of Work: 0830-1630 Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Requisition # 114374
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 21, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.