More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Informatics Specialist, Forensic Psychiatric Hospital - Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services
Reporting to the Director, Quality, Safety and Systems Improvement, BCMHSUS, the Clinical Informatics Specialist will play a key role in the successful implementation of Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) at BCMHSUS. Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) is a joint undertaking between VCH, PHSA and PHC. This project involves the transition from paper to electronic health record (Cerner) and is designed to improve the safety, quality, and consistency of patient care. For more information please visit http://cstproject.ca. Applying a broad range of both clinical and informatics knowledge and experience, the Clinical Informatics Specialist leads and supports the clinical workflow design and change initiatives in support of the Clinical & Systems Transformation Project (CST Project). This includes consultation with operations leaders, physicians, and clinical practice leaders and prioritization and escalation of change requests/issues.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist is responsible for driving the best clinical outcomes for the program(s)/services. The Clinical Informatics Specialist collaborates with key stakeholders across BCMHSUS to ensure CST design meets the organizational requirements and is based on best practice and professional standards.
The Clinical Informatics Specialists reviews systems reports and performs ongoing assessments to monitor adoption and integration of health information system in day to day workflows. This role is also responsible for identifying opportunities for optimization to enhance clinical adoption at the program/service level in order to maximize the benefits and increased patient safety.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and support the strategy, development and implementation of clinical workflow design and change management initiatives to support clinical and business practice in the adoption and implementation of IT initiatives in alignment with the site strategic road map for clinical informatics solutions at BCMHSUS.
- Act as a change agent/escalation point for clinical issues and constraints in the identification, development, planning, implementation, and sustainment of clinical informatics strategies in support of quality patient care and professional practice.
- Lead and support teams to develop clinical data/documentation and workflow standardization across all BCMHSUS facilities. Incorporate clinical informatics research and evidence-based knowledge into practice.
- Develop clinical performance indicators to identify trends/discrepancies for purposes of performance measurement and analysis ensuring a correct course of action.
- Oversee and manage the prioritizing of functional change requests, reporting and monitoring of issues, and implementation of communication strategies.
- Lead functional user acceptance testing and responsible for business sign-off.
- Participate in lean process improvement initiatives such as imPROVE and ensure all process changes are aligned to the lean methodology endorsed by the site.
- Develop policies and procedures in support of clinical applications ensuring best practice models for service delivery.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Nursing Degree or related field.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in an information systems environment, including a minimum of two (2) years recent experience in an application leadership role.
- Proven hands-on specialized experience with business applications such as Cerner millennium solutions.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional customer focus and strong professional acumen.
- Extensive experience working with personal computers, particularly MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Accurate and detail-oriented.
- Highly organized and adept in managing multiple priorities.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) provides a diverse range of specialized, "one-of-a-kind" tertiary mental health and substance use services to adults across the province. These include services located at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital and six regional clinics, the Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction, and Heartwood Centre for Women. In addition to delivering these clinical services, BCMHSUS provides provincial leadership for system-wide improvement through its work in: health promotion and illness prevention; knowledge exchange; and research and academic teaching.
BCMHSUS is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include:Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate
- Temporary, Full-Time (until December 2021)
- Monday to Friday; Daytime Hours
- Primary work locations: 590 W 8th Avenue, Vancouver and 4949 Heather Street, Vancouver; and a requirement to travel between all of our clinical sites