More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Food Service Worker 1, Patient Food Service - BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services - Port Coquitlam
Food Service Worker 1
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services
Port Coquitlam, BC
What you’ll do
- Set up food wagons and serve food by methods such as pre-portioning food in accordance with portion control guidelines, loading meals on food wagons and setting up nourishment trays, delivering wagons to the patient wards or fridge storage, and placing food on plates according to menus.
- Check and record food and fridge temperatures by inserting thermometer in edibles and reading fridge thermometers. Advise supervisor of discrepancies arising from the actual versus required food and beverage temperatures.
- Count, weigh and package food items. Prepare beverages and food items such as tea, coffee and toast; assemble items such as sandwiches and salads. Prepare fruits and vegetables by washing and cleaning, peeling and portioning.
- Prepare for and clean up from internal catering functions by methods such as setting up tea and coffee and any accompanying snacks such as cookies. Deliver the catering.
- Strip, rack and wash items such as dishes, pots, pans and utensils; operates dishwashing and/or pot washing machines; and stack clean dishes and utensils.
What you bring
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Food Safe Certificate.
You will also have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Carry out the physical duties of the position.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $20.97 per hour
Location: 70 Colony Farm Road, Port Coquitlam, V3C 5X9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Rotating schedule; 0530-1330, 1030-1830
Requisition # CASFSW091521
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.