More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse (RN) / Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN), Maximum and Multi-Level Security Units
Registered Nurse (RN) / Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) - A4
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services
Port Coquitlam, BC
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
What you’ll do
- Provide direct care in accordance with the care plan by methods such as performing protocols and interventions, implementing behaviour management strategies and meeting care recipient needs; applying approved techniques, procedures and treatments; administering prescribed medication.
- Recognize and identify signs and symptoms, and detect changes in patients’ conditions; reports and records as indicated.
- Collect and document patient health care information. Maintain complete and accurate records of nursing observation, interventions and evaluation of nursing care. Maintain complete and accurate records of telephone communications as well.
- Plan direct care and contributes to the physical and psychological well-being of the patients by methods such as assessing clinical requirements, status and condition of care recipients; developing care plans based on identified needs, participating in various interdisciplinary assessment and screening processes, and including patient and family, when appropriate, in planning nursing care; and implementing care plans, evaluating outcomes and revising plans to address gaps and to respond to the needs of care recipients.
- Consult with nurses, members of the interdisciplinary team and other health care professionals and accesses any other available resources in relation to overall care planning issues. Meets with other members of the health care team to discuss and review the care plan. Maintains liaison between nurses, physicians, family, and community resources for individual patients to ensure continuity of care.
What you bring
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse or as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- One (1) year of recent experience working in a forensic or acute psychiatric hospital setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You will also have knowledge of:
- Current and updated changes and developments in the practice of psychiatric nursing and of applicable Federal and Provincial legislation (i.e. the Criminal Code of Canada, Forensic Psychiatry Act, the Mental Health Act, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the Young Offenders Act, Public Trustee Act).
- The diagnosis and treatment of behavioural, social emotional and mental health/psychiatric issues in adults.
- Adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Organizational, facilitation, decision making and leadership skills.
- How to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Wage: $38.07 to $49.42
Location: 70 Colony Farm Road, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 5X9
Hours of Work: Rotating days; 0700-1500 / 1500-2300
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCMHSUS are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.