More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Casual Pharmacy Assistant - BC Cancer - Prince George
Prince George, BC
The Pharmacy Assistant, under the direct supervision of Staff Pharmacists, measures, manufactures, compounds packages and distributes drugs and medications; maintains related records and ensures adequate levels of stock are on hand.
What you’ll do
- Prepare injectable chemotherapy agents as per written policies and procedures utilizing aseptic technique.
- Under the direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist compound and prepare medications and other pharmaceutical supplies to fill prescriptions issued from oncologists and other qualified physicians as per written policies and procedures.
- Prepare computerized prescription labels for sterile injectables and oral medications.
- Prepare requisitions for supplies for the laminar flow hood room and regular dispensary supplies according to a pre-established replacement level for Chief Pharmacist’s authorization.
- Maintain associated inventory records.
- Ensure the safe disposal of used dispensary supplies and unused portions of chemotherapy preparations in accordance with established procedures and policies.
What you bring
- Grade 12, graduation from a recognized Pharmacy Assistant course
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You are able to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Carry out the duties of the position.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Casual
Location: 1215 Lethbridge Street, Prince George, V2M 7E9
Wage: $30.04 per hour
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0730-1530, 0800-1600, 0830-1630, as operations require
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services.
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.