More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clerk Receptionist, Op Oncology Clinic - BC Cancer Prince George
Op-Oncology Clinic, BC Cancer Prince George $21.37/hr.
What you do
- Perform a variety of reception duties including receiving patients and visitors, answering inquiries and giving directions, assisting patients and other visitors including directing patients to other areas within the centre.
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as desktop computer, photocopier, fax machine, multi-line telephone, and thermal printers
- Enter patient information into electronic health record information such as name, address, date of birth and contact information and notifies requestor by phone or fax.
- Maintain and processes incoming requests from patients or other departments according to department procedure by collecting information pertinent to the patient appointment , attaching outside reports to the clinical record, ensuring reports/ are available electronically for providers and clinicians
- Schedule patient appointments for diagnostic procedures or treatments
- Prepare new patient and follow up form packages for presentation to patients arriving for their procedures.
- Receive and re-direct mail/courier and other deliveries to areas within the centre.
- Take minutes or notes such as at departmental meetings and transcribes as required
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities by performing duties such as providing input/feedback to supervisor on processes and opportunities for process improvement.
What you bring
- Completion of Grade 12.
- One (1) year of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What you have
- Keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (unit December 15, 2021) with the possibility of them going from Temp to Permanent
Wage: $21.37 per hour
Location: 1215 Lethbridge Street, Prince George
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0730 - 1530, 0800 - 1600, 0830 - 1630 or as operations required
Requisition Number: 109222/209223/109224
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 2, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.