Clinical Coordinator, Oncology Nutrition - BC Cancer - Prince George
Clinical Coordinator, Oncology Nutrition
Prince George, BC
What you’ll do
- Provide clinical supervision and consultation for Oncology Nutrition Services staff at the Regional Cancer Centre.
- Review workload assignments and adjust schedules according to demands to ensure that staff levels meet operational requirements.
- Evaluate staff performance.
- Recruit staff through methods such as identifying vacancies, processing required internal paperwork, interviewing applicants and making recommendations to the Provincial Director, Nutrition, for selection to maintain approved staff complement.
- Collaborate with the Provincial Director, Nutrition, to develop and monitor the budget for Regional Cancer Centre’s Oncology Nutrition Services.
What you bring
- Master degree in Nutrition or in a related area from an accredited university.
- Membership in the College of Dietitians of British Columbia and Dietitians of Canada.
- Five (5) years’ clinical nutrition practice with experience in an oncology setting including a minimum of one year of supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You will also have the ability to:
- Organize and prioritize workload.
- Work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Work as a team member, motivator and facilitator.
- Provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrate leadership skills including the ability to accept responsibility, prioritize tasks and make decisions.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Part-Time (FTE 0.7; Until August 22, 2025)
Salary Rate: $41.04 - $51.27 per hour
Location: 1215 Lethbridge Street, Prince George, V2M 7E9
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Hours: Monday to Friday; 0730 - 1530, 0800 - 1600, 0830 - 1630, or as operations require
Requisition number: 130679
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 05, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Jobs for You
You have not recently viewed any jobs
You have not saved any jobs