More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Nurse Leader - Systemic Therapy / Ambulatory Care Unit (Systemic Therapy & Radiation Therapy), BC Cancer Prince George
Clinical Nurse Leader
Systemic Therapy / Ambulatory Care Unit (Systemic Therapy & Radiation Therapy), BC Cancer Prince George, $42.25 to $51.78 per hour
What you’ll do
- Coordinate daily activities in collaboration with the Manager, Clinical Services to ensure optimum care is provided to patients/families, taking into consideration issues such as balance of staff skills and abilities, availability of staff, and complexity of care to be delivered.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to determine the priorities of care related to Clinical Services.
- Schedule staff, make and/or adjust work assignments and communicate related changes to the team, assessing the impact these changes will have on patient scheduling.
- Participate in the coordination of patient care delivery by developing unit specific policies, procedures and standards of care and making recommendations for changes and modifications.
- Act as a support for patients and families in crisis and in conflict situations.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to staff for professional development and performance improvement, assisting with the coordination of the orientation process.
- Maintain knowledge of clinical practice by reviewing relevant literature, participating in relevant committees and remaining up to date on practice changes.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Clinical Services and the Senior Practice Leader, Nursing to identify individual learning needs or practice changes.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years’ recent, related clinical nursing experience which includes teaching and leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current CPR (level C) certification.
You have demonstrated:
- Ability to provide supervision and work direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Leadership, time management, organizational, teamwork and team building skills.
Relocation allowance may be available. For more information regarding this position, please contact Gurdeep Gill at email@example.com
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Full-Time (from August 2020 to September 2021)
Wage: $42.25 to $51.78 per hour
1215 Lethbridge Street, Prince George
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Monday to Friday; 0730-1530, 0800-1600, 0830-1630, or as operations require
Requisition Number: 96278
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca, part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will expire July 31, 2020. Please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.