More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Nurse Leader, Systemic Therapy/ Ambulatory Care Unit (Systemic Therapy & Radiation Therapy - BC Cancer Prince George
Clinical Nurse Leader, Systemic Therapy/ Ambulatory Care Unit (Systemic Therapy & Radiation Therapy)
BC Cancer Prince George, $42.25 to $51.78 per hour
What you’ll do
- Coordinate the daily activities of the assigned area in collaboration with the Manager, Clinical Services to ensure optimum care is provided to patients/families taking into consideration issues such as balance of staff skills and abilities, availability of staff and complexity of care to be delivered. Duties include scheduling staff, making and/or adjusting work assignments and communication of related changes to the team, and assessing the impact these changes will have on patient scheduling. Collaborate with the leadership team to determine the priorities of care related to Clinical Services.
- Participate in the coordination of patient care delivery by developing unit specific policies, procedures and standards of care and making recommendations for changes and modifications; assessing staffing needs based on planned patient activity and acuity and ensuring appropriate resources are available to meet patient care requirements; ensuring completion of staffing assignments, consulting with Manager, Clinical Services as necessary and revising according to activity and staff changes; providing support to staff in planning and prioritizing patient care delivery; acting as a support for patients and families in crisis and contact for conflict situations.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to staff for professional development and performance improvement and to achieve program goals through methods such as providing constructive feedback through formal and informal opportunities, assisting with the coordination of the orientation process; maintains knowledge of clinical practice in a variety of ways including reviewing relevant literature, participating in relevant committees and remaining up to date on practice changes.
- Participate with the Manager, Clinical Services and the Senior Practice Leader,Nursing to identify individual learning needs or practice changes. The changes can include introduction of new skills/procedures/protocols or equipment through methods such as supporting individual learning for staff, observing and assessing clinical skills, and developing and evaluating learning plans.
- Participate in the development and implementation of PHSA/BC Cancer policies and procedures at the unit/program level; provide input and making recommendations for changes; support the implementation of program’s model of care and facilitates a supportive, collaborative environment for all staff using a team approach; participate in program/organizational committees.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM), formally known as British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Three years recent related clinical nursing experience which includes teaching and leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current CPR (level C) certification.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $42.25 to $51.78 per hour
1215 Lethbridge Street, Prince George
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday: Rotating Shifts
Requisition Number: 100858
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 22, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.