More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Coordinator, Emergency Management, Health Emergency Management BC
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Ensure our health services are optimally prepared for emergencies, so we can provide health services even when disaster strikes. Emergencies and disasters are an increasing threat to the well-being of British Columbians. Health Emergency Management BC (HEMBC) Coordinators work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to prepare for and respond to these threats.
As a HEMBC Coordinator, you will:
- Help diverse health staff plan for emergencies
- Facilitate simulations that test a hospital’s ability to respond and treat the injured
- Be a key member of BC’s command centres during emergencies
Your ability to solve problems and innovate will be in demand, and your lifelong commitment to learning will help us learn from disasters across the globe.
What you’ll do
- Recommending and implementing integrated emergency management and business continuity plans
- Coordinating emergency exercise programs, education, training and responses
- Coordinating with corporate and provincial plans and ensuring alignment with policies and procedures
- Testing emergency management and business continuity plans under the direction of the HEMBC Senior Leadership Team
- Addressing gaps in plans and implementing other ways to improve outcomes
- Developing and maintaining emergency management manuals and documentation
- Coordinating communication strategies such as emergency preparedness and awareness
- Developing promotional materials
What you bring
- A degree in emergency management or the equivalent in education, training, and experience
- Five (5) years’ recent related experience in a large institutional or campus environment, including two (2) years’ managing business continuity and/or emergency management programs for a large complex multi-site environment, or the equivalent of education, training and experience
- Interpersonal and negotiations skills, including the ability to present to a wide range of individuals, group and stakeholders
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, contractors, and external partners
- The ability to develop and deliver training, exercises, education programs and/or workshops
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time
Location: 3732 Opie Crescent, Prince George, BC V2N 4P7
Closing date: Until Filled
Hours of Work: 08:30 - 16:30 Monday-Friday
Requisition #: 127230E
What we do
Health Emergency Management BC (HEMBC) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which provides specialized health services to British Columbians. Our values include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
HEMBC and PHSA are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.