More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Health Unit Clerk - BC Cancer Prince George
Efficiently and accurately handle clerical functions, helping us provide “excellence in health, every time.”
In this role, you will maintain patient records, transcribe and process physician orders, call in relief staff, requisition supplies and handle reception duties.
As our successful candidate, you will:
- Transcribe physician orders for laboratory tests, medications, diagnostic tests, treatments, and surgical pre- and post-operative procedures
- Set up, maintain and complete patient charts, recording information such as weight, temperature, pulse, respiration and lab test results in charts or other records as directed; attach documents such as laboratory and special examination reports to charts after reviewing by authorized staff
- Take staff calls regarding illness/absence and relay information to the unit(s) and appropriate personnel; call in relief staff according to guidelines and refer issues to the supervisor; maintain relief staff contact list information and related records; maintain staff timekeeping records for staff and submit to payroll
- Receive patients, visitors and others; answer queries
- Type, answer the telephone, requisition supplies and maintain records such as timesheets and census information
- Graduated from Grade 12 and from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program
- One (1) year’s recent, related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Keyboard at least 40 w.p.m
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Deal with others effectively
- Physically carry out the duties
- Organize work
- Operate related equipment.
- Use related computer software applications
If this sounds like you, apply now!
BC Cancer is committed to reducing the incidence of cancer, reducing the mortality from cancer, and improving the quality of life of those living with cancer. BC Cancer provides a comprehensive cancer control program for the people of British Columbia in partnership with regional health authorities to deliver a range of cancer services, which include prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis and treatment, research, education, supportive care, rehabilitation and palliative care. It operates six regional cancer centres in Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria, Abbotsford and Prince George, along with two research centres that conduct research into the causes and cures for cancer.
BC Cancer is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
- Reference #: 87130
- Casual Position
- Wage: $23.51 per hour
- Monday to Friday; Daytime Hours
- 1215 Lethbridge St, Prince George, BC V2M 7E9