More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Health Unit Clerk - BC Cancer Prince George
Health Unit Clerk
BC Cancer Prince George, $23.98 per hour
What you’ll do
- Transcribe and process doctors’ orders by completing and forwarding requisitions for tests or services, such as CT scans and other diagnostic services, using the multi-resource scheduling system to book tests or services with the appropriate departments/processes; re-books if absence of doctor requires this, and book return appointments of all kinds including chemotherapy and radiation treatments, booking and recording appointments of various types and related data into the computerized system, and distributing appointment lists and completing and forwarding documentation according to procedure.
- Gather patient information for clinic appointments to assist in facilitating an efficient patient flow through clinical areas by requesting and receiving charts from Patient Information Management and other locations, requesting x-rays, CDs, photographs and various reports using the computerized system and from various health care facilities, requesting reports, slides, CDs and films or electronic information from outside doctors, hospitals and clinics, preparing and printing documents for physicians, nurses or other team members forms such as Pre Printed Orders or Patient Information handouts, pre-booking chemotherapy/ radiation appointments and booking chemo and radiation appointments according to protocols, and moving charts to and from clinics in preparation for the start and finish of clinics.
- Perform a variety of receptionist duties such as liaising between patients, the general public and other staff as appropriate, directing patients/families, visitors and staff to the appropriate areas, answering the telephone/switchboard and responding in person by triage inquiries, relaying verbal and written messages.
- Maintain and update patient master file by performing duties such as recording booking information according to current status of the patient.
What you bring
- Grade 12 and medical terminology
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk Program
- Typing ability of 40 WPM
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1215 Lethbridge St, Prince George, BC V2M 7E9
Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis
Monday to Friday; daytime hours
Requisition Number: 87130
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.