More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Pharmacy Technician - BC Cancer, Prince George
Prince George, BC
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
At BC Cancer Prince George, our vision is to improve access to services and enhance the continuum of cancer care in Northern BC.
Prince George is BC’s northern capital with picturesque wilderness close at hand, offering a true outdoor person’s paradise - plus year-round entertainment options, from symphony concerts and theatre to family fun activities. A great place to live! Prince George also offers affordable housing, land prices and transportation costs, with backyard access to skiing, fishing, mountain biking, and hiking.
Fun Facts About Prince George:
- Prince George is the largest city in northern British Columbia.
- As part of its 100th anniversary, the City of Prince George hosted the 2015 Canada Winter Games.
- Bring your sunglasses! The city has four seasons with 1900 hours of sunshine!
- Prince George is often called the province’s “Northern Capital” or sometimes the “Spruce Capital” because it is the hub city for Northern BC.
- The origins of Prince George can be traced to the North West Company fur trading post of Fort George, which was established in 1807 by Simon Fraser and named in honour of King George III.
- The Estimated Population of Prince George is 74,003.
- The economy of Prince George in the first decade of the 21st century has come to be dominated by service industries.
*** Relocation allowance / assistance is available for all these work opportunties!! ***
The Pharmacy Technician operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope/standards of practice for Pharmacy Technicians as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia and relevant legislation, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols. The Pharmacy Technician processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist.
As a Pharmacy Technician at BC Cancer Prince George you will do
- Process clinically reviewed and approved medication orders for distribution to patients.
- Receive prescriptions (verbal and non-verbal) from practitioners.
- Ensure prescriptions are complete and authentic by verifying allergy status and/or demographics.
- Prepare and process prescriptions such as entering orders, counting, measuring, packaging or re-packaging medications and compounding various sterile pharmaceutical products, including hazardous drugs, according to established procedures. Pre-package oral, liquid and topical medications into unit-of-use format.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check.
- Enter and ensure the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the pharmacy information system.
What you bring
- Current registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of BC.
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Carry out the duties of the position.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Part-Time (0.50 FTE)
Wage: $29.86 per hour
Location: 1215 Lethbridge Street, Prince George, BC V2M 7E9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Mon to Fri, 0730 - 1530, 0800 - 1600, 0830 - 1630, or as operations require
Requisition Number #118485
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 30, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.