More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Pharmacy Technician, Multiple Opportunities - BC Cancer, Prince George
Prince George, BC
You are a pharmacy technician who is passionate about reducing the burden of cancer in B.C. You have experience with receiving, preparing and processing approved medication orders while providing compassionate health care. You thrive professionally with the knowledge that you’re meticulous checking and double-checking supports the health, comfort, and care of those living with cancer. Join BC Cancer and join a dedicated team of professionals who share your values of care through kindness, excellence through innovation, and person-centred care.
What you’ll do
- Process clinically reviewed and approved medication orders for distribution to a patient.
- Receive prescriptions (verbal and non-verbal) from practitioners and ensure that prescriptions are complete and authentic by performing duties such as verifying allergy status and/or demographics.
- Prepare and process prescriptions by performing duties such as entering orders, counting, measuring, packaging or re-packaging medications and compounding various sterile pharmaceutical products, including hazardous drugs, according to established procedures. Pre-package oral, liquid and topical medications into unit-of-use format.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries, and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
- Enter and ensure the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the pharmacy information system.
***Relocation assistance may be available**. For more information please contact Ruhee.Nagra@phsa.ca
What you bring
Qualifications and Certifications
- Current registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
Skills and Experience
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; interacts in a positive manner with others, including staff/physicians across the agency
- Approaches daily work in an organized and efficient manner; sets appropriate priorities
- Physically carry out the duties of the position and operate related equipment
- Strong keyboard skills
- Awareness of and commitment to learning and understanding the Truth & Reconciliation Commission’s 94 Calls to Action (2015), In Plain Sight Report (2020), BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019), and other related reports.
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.)
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Multiple Opportunities Available (Temporary Full-Time, Regular Full-Time, and Casual)
Wage: $33.18 per hour
Location: 1215 Lethbridge Street, Prince George, V2M 7E9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services.
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.