Purchasing Clerk V, Supply Chain - Prince George or KelownaApply Now Apply Later
Purchasing Clerk V, Supply Chain
Reference #: 080335
Location: Prince George or Kelowna Office
Union: HEABC Facilities HEU
Salary/Hourly Rate: $23.54
The Supply Chain Purchasing Clerk V assists customers with their daily supply, services and sourcing needs and is responsible for organizing and processing requisitions and disbursements for goods and services by utilizing supply chain procurement systems and computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The Purchasing Clerk performs Supply Chain clerical duties including reconciling invoices, contacting suppliers to arrange adjustments to invoices or modifications to original orders, and is responsible for a variety of other clerical functions such as word processing technical and non-technical materials, spreadsheet, and database duties. Under the supervision of the Buyer and/or Management, the Purchasing Clerk drafts all sourcing documents and conducts all related research and documentation. The Purchasing Clerk maintains master contract files and assists Buyers and Leads in accordance with the sourcing process as per the Supply Chain Sourcing Methodology.
1. Orders supplies, equipment and services utilizing computerized procurement systems and software applications to administer direct, standing, contract and repair/service orders.
• receives and processes requisitions;
• checks the accuracy of department and account coding;
• determines price and availability from vendors;
• prepares purchase orders and communicates orders to vendors;
• expedites orders;
• investigates and resolves backorders and delivery issues;
• coordinates and/or arranges service repairs; and
• maintains records and departmental filing systems as required
• Processes credits owed with suppliers and processes returns to vendor
2. Maintains data integrity across supply chain files and information systems in accordance with established policies and procedures by entering any new items and contracts as well as any changes including but not limited to supplier information, product information, product codes, units of measure, descriptions or prices as directed by the Buyer and/or Management.
3. Resolves invoice and receiving discrepancies by researching discrepancies, liaising with customer & receiving personnel, communicates changes to internal/external clients, updates system files, processes product return/substitution documentation, and traces shipments as required to maintain system efficiency.
4. Investigates and resolves back ordered items and damaged goods; traces duplicate shipments and organizes invoice adjustments and credit notes with suppliers as required; returns outdated and/or deleted stock to vendors.
5. Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, assists contract sourcing by reviewing contract data to identify opportunities for consolidation, engages suppliers on contract extensions and prepares supporting documentation, communications, and related research for review and approval of Buyer and/or Management.
6. Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, assists in reviewing responses to competitive bids by recording and summarizing responses and presents initial data analysis to Buyer and/or Management for review and approval.
7. Liaises with customers:
• to identify requirements and specifications;
• to determine source of supply, availability and price of goods;
• obtains vendor quotes;
• provides customer with product and contract details and refers contract interpretation enquiries to Buyer and/or Management
• arranging for approved product demonstrations with suppliers, vendors and user departments;
• processes related manual and/or electronic forms based on user department requests.
8. Performs all clerical duties required by the Supply Chain Sourcing Methodology such as perform data pulls, review data to ensure accuracy and integrity, enter item information, prices, product description and prepare documentation as required by Buyer and/or Management in the sourcing process, organizing and presenting data in required formats (ie: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, .pdf) and prepare related correspondence.
9. Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, prepares and completes required contract documentation using standard templates where no material changes are required. Maintains and updates consolidated provincial contract registry in accordance with established policies and procedures. Provides current information/reports, such as contract expiry, and utilization as required.
10. Prepares product evaluation and validation forms and tabulates responses.
11. Responds to routine enquiries related to order management. Prepares and coordinates related communication, for internal and external distribution.
12. Performs general clerical duties as required, including recording and distributing meeting minutes.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 12 supplemented by accounting courses and three years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.