More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Unit Clerk, Various Programs - BC Cancer Prince George
Unit Clerk, Various Programs
Prince George, BC
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
At BC Cancer Prince George, our vision is to improve access to services and enhance the continuum of cancer care in Northern BC. BC Cancer Prince George has Regular Full-Time, Temporary Full-Time and Casual Opportunities Available!!
Prince George is BC’s northern capital with picturesque wilderness close at hand, offering a true outdoor person’s paradise - plus year-round entertainment options, from symphony concerts and theatre to family fun activities. A great place to live! Prince George also offers affordable housing, land prices and transportation costs, with backyard access to skiing, fishing, mountain biking, and hiking.
Fun Facts About Prince George:
- Prince George is the largest city in northern British Columbia.
- As part of its 100th anniversary, the City of Prince George hosted the 2015 Canada Winter Games.
- Bring your sunglasses! The city has four seasons with 1900 hours of sunshine!
- Prince George is often called the province’s “Northern Capital” or sometimes the “Spruce Capital” because it is the hub city for Northern BC.
- The origins of Prince George can be traced to the North West Company fur trading post of Fort George, which was established in 1807 by Simon Fraser and named in honour of King George III.
- The Estimated Population of Prince George is 74,003.
- The economy of Prince George in the first decade of the 21st century has come to be dominated by service industries.
*** Relocation allowance / assistance is available for all these work opportunties!! ***
As a Unit Clerk at BC Cancer Prince George, you will do
- Transcribe and process clinician orders by completing and forwarding requisitions for tests or services, using the electronic health record system to schedule; tests or services with the appropriate departments/processes; return appointments, appointments of various types and related data into the electronic health record, and communicate various information according to procedure.
- Organize diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients by co-ordinating numerous interrelated appointments. Prepare and communicate related instructions to patients in person, by telephone, by mail or virtual.
- Gather patient information for medical appointments to assist in facilitating an efficient patient flow. Request, receive and transport patient information to designated clinical area. Prepare documents for clinical team and patient.
- Perform a variety of receptionist duties such as greeting and registering patients and supporting way finding, answering the telephone/switchboard and responding in person by triage inquiries, relaying verbal and written messages.
- Participate in the onboarding and orientation of staff through methods such as demonstrating work procedures and answering related queries. Support student clinical practicums as required
What you bring
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk Program.
- One (1) year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You have the ability to:
- Keyboard 40 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Utilize a variety of computer software applications.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full-Time, Temporary Full-Time and Casual Opportunities Available!
Wage: $24.46 per hour
1215 Lethbridge Street, Prince George, V2M 7E9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0730 - 1530, 0800 - 1600, 0830 - 1630, or as operations required
Requisition Numbers and Type of Employment
- 129360 - Regular, Full-Time
- 129386 - Regular, Full-Time
- 129375 - Regular, Full-Time
- 129390 - Regular, Full-Time
- 129372 - Temporary, Full-Time (Until March 17, 2023)
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.