More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Site Supervisor, Sechelt Hospital - LM Labs
Lower Mainland Laboratories, Sechelt Hospital, Sechelt BC, $35.71 - $44.65 per hour
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
Come live in beautiful Sechelt, British Columbia! Do you enjoy the great outdoors? Are you ready for your next career challenge at a 46 bed acute care centre? Just two hours north of Vancouver nestled between the open waters of the Georgia Strait and the calm waters of Sechelt Inlet, lies the town of Sechelt. Enjoy small-town friendliness, a wealth of outdoor activities, incredible scenery and a short ferry ride away to Vancouver!
What you’ll do
- Oversee the supervision, support and coordination of the workflow and staffing activities for the area including reviewing workload assignments, adjusting schedules to utilize staff effectively within the allocated budget, establishing daily priorities, and assist with troubleshooting work related issues in consultation with Medical Leads, Operations Manager and support team. Supervise the day to day operations of the Laboratory, by planning and implementing approved programs and systems in support of client needs.
- Supervise designated staff to ensure appropriate service delivery and to provide general supervision for the site. Evaluate performance levels and participate in performance management of designated staff, provide input to updates for job descriptions, participate in interviews with the Operations Manager and make recommendations for hire as required.
- Monitor Quality Control and other quality indicators and make corrections as appropriate. Inform the Technical Practice Lead and Technical Coordinator of any technical quality issues and participate in the investigation of critical incidents as required. Ensure that the Operations Manager is kept informed of all quality and safety issues. Implement DAP standards and recommendations and ensure staff compliance. Ensure staff safety incidents and investigation reports are completed as per WorkSafeBC Regulation and PHSA Workplace Health standards. Review all incidents reports as per the Occurrence Management Process and investigate complaints from health care providers and patients. Comply with safety responsibilities as outlined in the WorkSafeBC Regulation and Lower Mainland Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Safety Manual.
- Ensure the Operations Manager and Technical Practice Lead are informed of the equipment needs for the site/area and provide data such as test volumes and maintenance documents as required.
- Oversee the coordination of downtime procedures and ensure downtime protocol and process is available and familiar to all staff.
What you bring
- Certified by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science. Bachelor of Science degree or an Advanced Registered certificate or completion of a supervisory/management program plus a minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience including three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. A valid BC driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle for business related purposes.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $35.71 - $44.65 per hour
PO Box 7777, 5544 Sunshine Coast Hwy, Sechelt
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
Monday to Friday: 0730-1530/0800-1600/0830-1630
Requisition Number: 101374
For more details regarding this position please contact, Kelsey Marshall, Talent Acquisition Advisor at email@example.com
***Relocation assistance is available***
What we do
Lower Mainland Laboratories (LML) lmlabs.phsa.ca provides laboratory testing at 31 sites across the lower mainland and central coast of B.C., including acute care hospital laboratories and and specialty laboratories.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.