More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Certified Dental Assistant - BC Cancer Surrey
Certified Dental Assistant
BC Cancer Surrey, $24.92 per hour
What you’ll do
- Perform all the chair-side duties of a dental assistant and maintain infection control. Make impressions to fabricate gel carriers; construct and fit custom gel carriers and instruct patients on how to use. Fabricate bite blocks and gingival protectors in preparation for radiotherapy procedures. Provide home care instruction to patients.
- Participate in management of patients with medical compromise and with possible exposure to medical risk; coordinate booking for the dental clinic. Assist the Dentist with screening of patients and assessment of dental needs to set priorities for dental visits; schedule appointments by contacting medical and dental offices and laboratories to see if the work is complete; contact patients and arrange appointments.
- Apply topical chemotherapy.
- Communicate with medical and dental staff in the Agency and in the community as necessary to adjust appointment schedules, while ensuring that patient care is not jeopardized.
- Maintain statistical records such as procedures performed and submit summary totals.
What you bring
- Graduation from a recognized Certified Dental Assistant program
- Plus one year’s related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration with the College of Dental Surgeons of B.C.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Casual, Part-Time (0.01 FTE)
Wage $24.92 per hour
13750 - 96th Avenue, Surrey
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Monday to Friday:0700-1500 or 0730-1530 or 0800-1600
Requisition Number: 98034
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 17th, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.