More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Nurse Practitioner - Survivorship - BC Cancer, Surrey
Nurse Practitioner, Survivorship
Advanced Practice Nursing, BC Cancer, Surrey
You’re on a professional mission to reduce the burden of cancer in your community, and with great hope, across the globe. A person-centred nursing professional, you remain steadfast in your efforts to support all individuals who are undergoing cancer care, along with their families and friends. Working with a team of health care colleagues who share your values of compassionate care and excellence through innovation makes all the difference in your work days, as you share the highs and lows with support, kindness, and excellence in care.
What you do
- Diagnose and treat previously undiagnosed clients for undifferentiated diseases, illnesses and conditions within the Nurse Practitioner’s scope of practice; orders appropriate screening diagnostic investigations; interpret reports of investigations and analyzes information to monitor progress and plan treatment. As part of the multidisciplinary team, develop and implement treatment plans. Write orders for treatment and medications; make patient rounds as appropriate and monitors ongoing care; provide first line care in emergencies.
- Establish priorities for management of health conditions; provides follow-up treatment; communicate with clients and families about health findings, diagnoses and prognoses; support and counsel clients in their personal responses to diseases, disorders and conditions.
- Collaborate and/or consult with physicians or other health care and social service providers as appropriate to assess and diagnose client status. Accept referrals from, or make referrals to, physicians and other health professionals.
- Prescribe drugs within the statutory and regulatory standards, limits and conditions for Nurse Practitioners and within applicable employer policies and procedures. Apply knowledge of pharmacology and evidence based practice in selecting, prescribing, administering and monitoring the effects of drugs to treat diseases disorders, conditions or injuries.
- Participate in research contributing to improved patient care and advances in nursing, health policy development and population health. Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from a variety of sources about determinants of health; maintain population health focus by participating in and implementing evidence based screening and health promotion for populations at risk and implement population based harm reduction strategies.
What you bring
- Current registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Must be eligible to complete the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) through the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Minimum of four (4) years of recent, relevant clinical nursing experience.
Need more information? Contact Gurdeep Gill, Talent Acquisition Advisor at email@example.com. Relocation Assistance may be available.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- A commitment to your ongoing growth and professional development with eligibility for yearly professional development allowance.
- Nurse Practitioner Mentorship Program for experienced and new graduate NPs with onboarding training needs assessment in a specialty setting.
- Help us maintain the highest patient survival rate in Canada.
- Use state-of-the-art technology and the latest, evidence-based treatments.
- Be a respected member of Canada's collaborative leading oncology clinical teams.
- Grow your career through continuing education, ongoing professional development, and certification programs.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full Time
13750 - 96th Avenue, Surrey
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0800-1600
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.