More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Project Coordinator, Various Programs Services - BC Cancer Surrey
Various Programs Services, BC Cancer Surrey
What you’ll do
- Monitor and coordinate the execution of projects, ensuring that they adhere to project protocols, that they conform to applicable institutional policies, and that they are completed within the required timelines.
- Identify, collect, and analyze relevant information relating to current projects, and provides input and recommendations to project team for development, implementation, analysis, dissemination of findings, and policy/practice implications.
- Actively support the management and facilitation of time-limited projects and programs to identify best strategies and activities for team members and other stakeholders, including identifying appropriate staff and assisting them to access and utilize appropriate project management tools and resources.
- Coordinate and arrange project team meetings in consideration of urgency and nature of the subject matter.
- Prepare documents including presentation, spreadsheets, correspondence, meeting minutes and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Health or Social Sciences plus a five (5) years in a related research assistant, project coordinator, or policy analyst role in a health, social services, government, or community organization.
- Knowledge of quality improvement and clinical practices relevant to the service/program area.
- Understanding of and practical skills in project coordination/management, research and evaluation; relevant computer software applications; training and facilitation.
- Related experience in conducting literature searches and reviews, best practice reviews, working collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict management and consensus building; excellent oral and written communications skills.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, suh as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
13750 - 96th Avenue, Surrey, V3V 1Z2
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0830-1630
Requisition Number: 113624
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia. BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 1, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.