More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Radiation Therapy Clerk - BC Cancer Surrey
Radiation Therapy Clerk
BC Cancer Surrey, $23.98 per hour
What you’ll do
- Receive written or electronic orders for treatment planning from Radiation Oncologists and other caregivers; schedule and book the appropriate appointments via the computerized system; communicate appointment information to patients, hospitals and others as necessary.
- Process doctors orders by performing duties such as completing requisitions for tests or services,
Arranging appointments, and obtaining test results.
- Perform reception duties such as receiving and directing patients and families, providing information and instructions based on established procedures; receiving telephone calls from patients, doctors or hospital staff, taking and transmitting messages, and providing information such as start of treatment date, or outline of procedure. Refer problems to appropriate leader or physician.
- Arrange to have all required information available prior to appointment by arranging for and acquiring electronic or paper documents such as charts, film records, and test results from internal and external resources.
- Perform clerical duties related to image management and storage such as obtaining and returning internally and/or externally generated images, preparing storage envelopes as needed
and film filing.
What you bring
- Grade 12, medical terminology and graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk Program.
- Plus one (1) year’s related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard 40 w.p.m
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $23.98 per hour
13750 96 Ave, Surrey
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Monday to Friday:0730-1530 / 0800-1600 / 0930-1730 / 1030-1830 / 1200-2000 or as operationally required
Requisition Number: 98547
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.