More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse – BC Cancer Surrey
Registered Nurse, BC Cancer Surrey
Monday to Friday with occasional Saturdays, daytime hours
Are you passionate about supporting patients and families living with cancer? We’re looking for a compassionate and committed oncology nurses to join the BC Cancer team and care for our patients throughout their cancer journey. BC Cancer offers unique opportunities which expand your nursing skills starting with our ambulatory care unit and a training path to chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
What you’ll do
- Create a supportive environment based on care and counsel via two-way communication.
- Provide guidance to patients in person and on the phone regarding their cancer journey.
- Continue to grow and share professional development with individuals and groups.
What you bring
- Graduation from accredited School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Current CPR (Level C) certification.
- One (1) year of recent, related experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build trusting relationships with patients, families and colleagues.
What’s in it for you
- Find work-life balance with Monday-Friday, daytime shifts (with occasional Saturdays).
- Help us maintain the highest patient survival rate in Canada.
- Use state-of-the-art technology and the latest, evidence-based treatments.
- Be a respected member of Canada's collaborative leading oncology clinical teams.
- Grow your career through continuing education, ongoing professional development, and certification programs.
Want to know more? Contact Gurdeep Gill, Talent Acquisition Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org
BC Cancer http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/ provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of B.C. BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
Perks including onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
- BC Cancer Surrey
- 13750 96 Avenue Surrey, BC
- On call: Monday to Friday, daytime hours with occasional Saturdays