More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
BC Emergency Health Services, Vancouver, BC
Are you efficient and organized, with strong attention to detail? Help our clinic run effectively, so our clinical staff can provide the best possible care to our patients and stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Facilitate effective triaging of correspondence, determining appropriate action and timely follow up as appropriate.
- Create documents such as memos, correspondence, emails, reports, PowerPoint presentations, presentation materials, graphics and spreadsheets using established software applications.
- Coordinate meetings ensuring well-defined and timely agendas, identification of and notification to interested parties, compilation of background information and supporting materials, and preparation of packages/summary documents to assist in decision-making and meeting facilitation.
- Maintain a consistently updated and accurate appointment schedule for the Manager and others as required, including determination of urgency and nature of requests, resolution of time conflicts, and notification to all relevant parties.
- Maintain the ARCS/ORCS records management system by identifying and classifying records, setting up proper filing, offsite storage, retrieval and disposal of records.
- Respond to routine verbal and written inquiries from the public, government staff and other agencies.
- Update and/or assemble manuals; maintain administrative policy and procedures manuals.
- Provide financial support such as monitoring expenditures, coding and processing business expense forms and invoices, reconciling purchase card expenditures, and administering the petty cash account.
- Maintain office supplies according to pre-determined re-order levels; arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Arrange conferences, including booking meeting locations, arranging logistics and catering.
- Coordinate legal processes, receiving and distributing subpoenas appropriately, notifying supervisors, arranging employee interviews requested by Crown, police agencies and coroner, and arranging for travel and reimbursement if necessary.
- Maintain contact, email distribution and phone lists.
What you bring
- Grade 12 graduation.
- Graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
- Three (3) years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard at least 60 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time
Location: 302 - 2955 Virtual Way, Vancouver BC V5M 4X6
Closing date: Until Filled
Hours of Work: 08:30-16:30 Monday-Friday
Requisition #: 131031E
What we do
BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) provides provincial emergency medical care and patient transfer services. BCEHS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
PHSA and BCEHS are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.