More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Administrative Assistant 1, Vancouver BC
This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand – an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other health authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant health care experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. For more information, visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talent On Demand,
Vancouver BC (Remote Position)
Are you efficient and detail-oriented? Effectively handle administrative tasks so our department runs smoothly and we can provide patients with the best possible care.
What you’ll do
- Maintain a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the designated Leader’s appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinate appropriate travel and accommodation arrangement for designated Leader’s attendance at conferences and meetings, confirm reservations, and establishe an itinerary.
- Respond to verbal and written communication and liaise internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produce timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports. Enter and collect data, and compile relevant statistical information and reports. Draft agendas, gather background materials, attend and record proceedings, prepare and distribute minutes, and take follow-up actions. Maintain a bring-forward system.
- Assist in budget development and monitor expenditures, authorize expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit, and develop an expenditure tracking system for those expenditure invoices qualifying for reimbursements from various third parties. Complete purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forward for processing, and ensure invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Complete and submit eForms for designated Leaders; processe timekeeping for assigned staff; and liaises with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources as necessary.
- Provide project support, research information, track statistical data, and compile and analyze data involving new projects, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures
What you bring
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Please note that being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 beginning on October 26, 2021 will now be a condition of employment with PHSA.
Job type Casual Part Time
Location Vancouver (Remote Position)
Hours of work Flexible
Reference number TOD07012022
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.