More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Administrative Assistant 1, Vancouver, BC
This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand – an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other health authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant health care experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. For more information, visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talent On Demand,
Are you efficient and detail-oriented? Effectively handle administrative tasks so our department runs smoothly and we can provide patients with the best possible care.
What you’ll do
- Maintain a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the designated Leader’s appointment schedule by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements and resolving time conflicts.
- Coordinate appropriate travel and accommodation for designated Leader’s attendance at conferences and meetings, confirming reservations and establishing an itinerary.
- Respond to verbal and written communication and liaise internally and externally to share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produce timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages. Enter and collect data and compile relevant statistical information and reports. Draft agendas, gather background materials, attend and record proceedings, prepare and distribute minutes, and take follow-up actions. Maintain a bring-forward system.
- Assist in budget development and monitor expenditures, authorizing expense reimbursements and invoicing up to a pre-determined limit, developing an expenditure tracking system for those expenditure invoices qualifying for reimbursements from various third parties.
- Complete purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forward for processing, ensuring invoices are authorized and submitted for payment.
What you bring
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
Please note that being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 beginning on October 26, 2021 will now be a condition of employment with PHSA.
Job type Casual Full Time
Hours of work 08:00-16:00
Reference number TOD20052022
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.