More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Administrative Assistant 1 - Various Programs/Services, Indigenous Health, PHSA, Vancouver
Administrative Assistant 1- Various Programs/Services
Are you a highly organized person with strong administrative skills?
The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to designated Leader(s) and manages the day-to-day administrative operations to ensure accurate and timely delivery of administrative services.
What you’ll do
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to Grade 12 plus graduation from a formal secretarial program plus three (3) years recent related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Ability to type 60 words per minute.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type: Temporary Full-time ending 03/31/2023
Hours of work: 0830-1630
Reference number: #118668
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.