More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Administrative Assistant 2, Vancouver BC
This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand – an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other healthcare authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant healthcare experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant 2,
Talent on Demand,
Are you an organised person with strong communication and problem solving skills? The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to the designated Senior Leader and assists with the activities of the program/service.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Medical Leaders to confirm who they would like to reappointment and how to address those medical staff that are on Leave of Absence (LOA)
- Review and accept applications as per detailed instructions. We expect approximately 1,000 applications in 2022 following the new biennial structure for eligible medical staff.
- Send documents with hiring information to successful candidates.
- Technical support for medical staff.
- Minor credentialing support (e.g. addition of privileging dictionary to application)
- Create summary of requested privileges to be added directly to system; and
- Follow up on incomplete applications with Medical Staff and Medical Leaders.
- Provide administrative support that respects confidentiality and ensures that administrative matters are organized and dealt with in a professional manner.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from a recognized post-secondary administrative assistant/secretarial program, additional course work in advanced word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications, and previous experience supporting senior level management.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
Job type Casual Full-Time
Location Vancouver, BC
Hours of work 08:30-16:30 (M-F)
Reference number TOD061220211
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.