More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Administrative Assistant, Business Planning
Administrative Assistant Business Planning
What you’ll do
- Produce a variety of documents including correspondence, memos, meeting agendas and reports utilizing various word processing, spreadsheet and project management software packages, including creation of files, tables, spreadsheets and project plans. As requested by the Associate Vice President (AVP), Finance and Executive Directors (ED) investigate, gather and compile information on issues and drafts reports outlining alternative options and recommendations. Photocopy and distribute documentation such as correspondence and reports.
- Research and compile information for the preparation of speeches, presentations and reports. Develop presentation materials, including graphs, charts and slides, using desktop publishing and presentation software and digital recording technology.
- Participate in a variety of projects. Responsibilities include researching information, tracking statistical data and compiling and analyzing data involving new projects, the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
- Investigate financial matters for discrepancies and variances under the direction of the AVP, Finance and ED’s Director and senior members of the Business Planning department.
- Screen incoming materials, prioritize items for immediate attention and distribute as appropriate. Responds to routine written inquiries and materials by composing and signing correspondence or drafting for signature. Processes incoming and outgoing paper, electronic and voice mail.
- Participate in a variety of meetings through methods such as drafting agendas, gathering background materials including reports and handouts, attending and recording proceedings, preparing and distributing minutes and taking follow-up action such as drafting correspondence for the AVP, Finance and ED’s signature, ascertaining status of item/issue and investigating designated items.
- Maintain the AVP, Finance and ED’s appointment schedule and time commitments through methods such as receiving appointment requests and meeting/conference invitations, determining urgency and nature of requests and scheduling and making necessary arrangements. Resolves time conflicts as required.
- Respond to verbal and written communication directed to the AVP, Finance and ED’s office. Responsibilities include screening requests and inquiries, making a determination on importance/urgency of request, providing a response and/or forwarding to the AVP, Finance and ED’s or other senior staff for reply. Liaises with external organizations on behalf of the AVP, Finance and ED’s to respond to and/or share information and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Assist in budget development and monitors expenditures. Authorizes expense reimbursements and invoices up to the pre-determined limit.
- Responsible for developing Business Planning communications plan in collaboration with Business Planning team members and corporate communications, and for internal ad hoc communications affecting Business Planning staff.
- Coordinate the development of the education plan for the Business Planning team and analyses the actual expenditures against the budget.
- Prepare and submit employee time records to Payroll for Business Planning. Investigate and respond to timekeeping inquiries and correct discrepancies.
- Design and maintain filing and distribution systems for a variety of records and files such as correspondence and reports by methods such as indexing binders, creating and labeling files and filing information. Maintain a bring-forward system.
- Make arrangements for travel and accommodation for a variety of personnel for attendance at industry meetings and conferences by performing duties such as contacting travel agency, confirming reservations and establishing an itinerary.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and materials for area by performing duties such as reviewing stock on hand, completing purchase orders for approval, forwarding to purchasing for processing and receiving supplies
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a post-secondary diploma in Business
- Four (4) years recent related experience, including two (2) years at a senior level.
- Flexibility to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Must possess analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills to provide effective financial support at the senior management level.
- Time management skills to assist others in meeting deadlines.
- Work independently and resolve financial, budgeting and administrative issues/problems
- Use related equipment including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software at an advanced level
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including the ability to respond diplomatically to both internal and external inquiries.
- Work as a member of a diverse team
- Demonstrate tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Physically carry out the duties of the position
- Organize and prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines
- Type 60 words per minute
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type: Full-time
Hours of work: 0800-1600
Reference number: 102601
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand – an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other healthcare authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant healthcare experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. For more information: email@example.com