More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Administrative Assistant - Child Health BC, Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) Vancouver BC
Administrative Assistant - Child Health BC,
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA),
Are you a highly organized person with strong administrative skills? The Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to designated Leader(s) and manages the day-to-day administrative operations to ensure accurate and timely delivery of administrative services.
What you’ll do
- Maintain a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the designated Leaders’ appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinate appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements for CHBC staff and external partners for their attendance at conferences and meetings. Confirm reservations and establishes an itinerary.
- Respond to verbal and written communication and liaise internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produce timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports. Enter and collect data, and compile relevant statistical information and reports. Draft agendas, gathers background materials, attend and record proceedings, prepare and distribute minutes, and take follow-up actions. Maintain a bring-forward system.
- Coordinate key provincial events such as forums, workshops and events organized by CHBC by performing duties such as creating and distributing invitations, booking facilities, arranging equipment, preparing related materials and documents and making setup and catering arrangements.
- Assist in the budget development by researching and investigating product and service specifications and costing. Authorize expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit. Prepare received invoices for PHSA finance. Complete purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing, and ensure invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Provide project support, research information, track statistical data, and compile and analyze data involving new projects, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to Grade 12 plus graduation from a formal secretarial program plus three (3) years recent related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and Web management and presentation software at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise maturity and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Ability to type 60 words per minute.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Regular Full-Time
Location 260-1770 W. 7th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Hours of work 08:30 – 16:30 / 08:30 – 16:30
Reference number 132168
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.