More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Administrative Assistant 1, Child Health BC, Vancouver
Child Health BC,
Are you efficient and detail-oriented? Effectively handle administrative tasks so our department runs smoothly and we can provide patients with the best possible care.
What you’ll do
- Maintain a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the designated Leaders’ appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinate appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements for CHBC staff and external partners for their attendance at conferences and meetings. Confirm reservations and establishe an itinerary.
- Respond to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produce timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports. Enter and collect data, and compile relevant statistical information and reports. Draft agendas, gather background materials, attend and record proceedings, prepare and distribute minutes, and take follow-up actions. Maintain a bring-forward system.
- Coordinate key provincial events such as forums, workshop and events organized by CHBC by performing duties such as creating and distributing invitations, booking facilities, arranging equipment, preparing related materials and documents and making setup and catering arrangements.
- Assist in the budget development by researching and investigating product and service specifications and costing. Authorize expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit. Prepare received invoices for PHSA finance. Complete purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing, and ensure invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Provide project support, research information, track statistical data, and compile and analyze data involving new projects, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to Grade 12 plus graduation from a formal secretarial program plus three (3) years recent related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and Web management and presentation software at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise maturity and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Ability to type 60 words per minute.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
Job type Temporary Full-Time Ending 11/02/2021
Hours of work 0800 - 1600
Days of Work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Reference number 110802
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia. (BCCH) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.