More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Administrative Assistant, Child Health BC
Children’s and Women’s
Child Health BC
What you’ll do
- Maintain a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the designated Leaders’ appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinates appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements for CHBC staff and external partners for their attendance at conferences and meetings. Confirms reservations and establishes an itinerary.
- Respond to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produce timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports. Enters and collects data, and compiles relevant statistical information and reports. Drafts agendas, gathers background materials, attends and records proceedings, prepares and distributes minutes, and takes follow-up actions. Maintains a bring-forward system.
- Coordinate key provincial events such as forums, workshops and events organized by CHBC by performing duties such as creating and distributing invitations, booking facilities, arranging equipment, preparing related materials and documents and making setup and catering arrangements.
- Assist in the budget development by researching and investigating product and service specifications and costing. Authorizes expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit. Prepares received invoices for PHSA finance. Completes purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing, and ensures invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Provide project support, researches information, tracks statistical data, and compiles and analyzes data involving new projects, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
What you bring
- Grade 12 and three years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to type 60 words per minute.
- Ability to exercise maturity and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Permanent Full-time
Closing date: Open until filled
Reference number 116377
Please note that being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 beginning on October 26, 2021 will now be a condition of employment with PHSA.
What we do
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to program is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.