More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Children and Women’s Health Centre
Are you efficient and detail-oriented? Effectively provide confidential administrative support to all senior program staff.
What you’ll do
- Financial responsibility includes the prudent use of the resources available to the position within the scope of the designated authority and the developing and monitoring of budget expenditures related to administrative support and provincial training sessions.
- Provide general administrative functions and support for the provincial program.
- Manage a wide range of administrative duties to ensure integration and delivery of provincial office functions in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Manage confidential and sensitive information in support of the Director and other senior staff, including the preparation and submission of human resource and financial documentation such as eforms.
- Respond to related questions and take follow up action as needed; notify Director of issues along with options for resolution.
- Complete timekeeping for staff including preparing and submitting employee time records; respond to timekeeping enquiries and resolve issues.
- Lead the ongoing development, evaluation and implementation of office systems, policies, standards, work methods and procedures for the site. Lead the development and maintenance of secure record keeping/filing systems.
- Coordinate and control general office organization relating to the setup and termination of employees including security access cards and work with IM/IT to set up staff on office systems including email, server access and phone systems.
- Work closely with the Director and other staff to support program quality assurance initiatives and the audit process. Collects and collates data.
- Maintain and coordinate the Director and Senior Leaders calendar/travel requirements through such methods as receiving appointments, prioritizing incoming requests resolving time conflicts.
- Schedule and arrange internal and external meetings by coordinating rooms and equipment, preparing and distributing meeting materials and agendas, taking and processing minutes where requested and reviewing and following up on meeting commitments. Attend to catering, travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Provide consultation and oversight to designated provincial office administrative staff, review workload assignments, and bridges clinical and administrative aspects of the program. Coordinate the hiring and training for administrative assistants.
- Provide leadership to others in the form of guidance and direction on the interpretation and application of organizational and program policies and procedures as well as exchange of information to others internal and external; acts as a resource and point of contact for provincial office staff and partners.
- Coordinate provincial training sessions and conferences and negotiates financial contracts within operating costs and budget.
- Manage all related venue, travel, registrations, participant and speaker coordination aspects.
- Compose, produce and maintain a variety of documents including correspondence, information/briefing notes, and newsletters.
- Assist with the development of program resources and materials and maintain the program share point sites.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to completion of a post-secondary secretarial/administration training program and five (5) years of progressive experience supporting senior level management.
- Experience in health care an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently using tact, discretion and confidentiality when preparing and disclosing information of a confidential/sensitive nature and in resolving issues and problems.
- Demonstrated ability to use related equipment including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to promote a positive team and work environment including flexibility and openness, a calm demeanor.
- Demonstrated “learner” type of leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing including the ability to respond politely and diplomatically to both external and internal inquiries.
- Ability to type 60 wpm. Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Temporary full-time ending 30/09/2021
Hours of work 08:00-16:00
Reference number 104547
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. (BCW) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand – an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other healthcare authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant healthcare experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. For more information: email@example.com