More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Administrative Secretary, Children’s & Women’s Health Centre, Vancouver
Children’s & Women’s Health Centre
Are you a highly organized person with strong administrative skills?
The Administrative Secretary provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to designated Leader(s) and manages the day-to-day administrative operations to ensure accurate and timely delivery of administrative services.
What you’ll do
- Maintain coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the designated Leader’s appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinate appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements for designated Leader’s attendance at conferences and meetings, confirm reservations, and establish an itinerary.
- Respond to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produce timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports. Enter and collect data, and compile relevant statistical information and reports. Draft agendas, gather background materials, attens and record proceedings, prepare and distribute minutes, and take follow-up actions. Prepare and distribute weekly Program newsletter
- Prepare expense reimbursements and invoices for Leader’s approval, and develop expenditure tracking spreadsheets for those expenditures qualifying for reimbursements. Complete purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing, and ensure invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment
- Complete and submit eForms for designated Leaders; may support encounter records as required, and liaise with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources as necessary.
- Perform routine website administration activities for departmental team site, intranet and external web pages such as coordinating, updating, and posting content.
- Support by scheduling room bookings for workshops, courses and clinical education, responding to queries from internal/external users, assisting with registration and processing of payments from participants. Preparation of materials and handouts; Coordinate media equipment, room set up and catering.
- Provide project support, research information, track statistical data, and compile and analyze data involving new projects, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required
What you bring
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type: Regular Full-Time
Hours of work: 8:00-16:00
Reference number: #118571
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.