More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Billing & Booking Clerk Dentistry - BC Children's Hospital
Billing & Booking Clerk Dentistry
BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver BC, $23.34 per hour
What you’ll do
- Schedule and book patient/client appointments in accordance with established priority level and various medical and health professional staff schedules by methods such as receiving requests/requisition, responding to patient/client arrivals, checking schedules for appropriate times, identifying pre-test instructions, contacting patient/clients, physician offices to confirm appointments and relay instructions; follows up with referring physician for requisitions not yet received; adjusts schedules and makes alternate arrangements for appointment cancellations or changes in facility operation.
- Prepare for patient visits by methods such as obtaining applicable documentation, checking that information is complete, pulling charts, calling doctor's offices and/or patient/clients to track down pertinent information, entering demographics, into the clinic's computerized patient/client registration system, completing applicable test requisitions according to information provided, transmitting test results and/or medical information via facsimile to various areas in accordance with established procedures; prepares appointment day sheets for clinic personnel in accordance with established procedures.
- Admit patients for clinic appointments using the Hospital registration system by obtaining patient information and completing admission documentation.
- Complete month-end procedures and year-end report and provides Manager, clinicians and Finance with required reports. Verify patient account statements and mails out monthly. Liaise with Finance to resolve discrepancies as required. Provide Finance with a quarterly account write-off patient list.
- Assemble pertinent patient information such as patient charts, x-rays and laboratory reports prior to appointments and ensures follow-up schedule form and applicable billing information is received and entered into computer. Request, collect and return charts to Health Records.
- Receive previous/new patients by either reviewing information in patient files to verify all data is current such as name of employer and insurance carrier or registering patient by verifying information given such as name, age, nature of care required and insurance carrier in order to input information into computer. Verify and confirm Ministry coverage for all Ministry patients.
What you bring
- Completion of Grade 12
- Completion of a dental receptionist course
- One (1) year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You have the ability to:
- Keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Casual (0.01 FTE)
Wage: $23.34 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0730-1530
Requisition Number: 98382
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.