More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Billing & Booking Clerk Dentistry - BC Children's Hospital
Billing & Booking Clerk, Dentistry
BC Children’s Hospital
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Casual Opportunities Available
What you’ll do
- Schedule and book patient/client appointments in accordance with established priority level and various medical and health professional staff schedules by: receiving requests/requisition; responding to patient/client arrivals; checking schedules for appropriate times; identifying pre-test instructions; contacting patient/clients and physician offices to confirm appointments and relay instructions; following up with referring physician for requisitions not yet received; adjusting schedules; and making alternate arrangements for appointment cancellations or changes in facility operation.
- Prepare for patient visits by: obtaining applicable documentation, checking that information is complete; pulling charts; calling doctor's offices and/or patient/clients to track down pertinent information; entering demographics into the clinic's computerized patient/client registration system; completing applicable test requisitions according to information provided; transmitting test results and/or medical information via facsimile to various areas; and prepare appointment day sheets for clinic personnel.
- Admit patients using the hospital registration system by obtaining patient information and completing admission documentation.
- Complete month-end procedures and year-end report and provide Manager, clinicians and Finance with required reports. Verify patient account statements and mail out monthly. Liaise with Finance to resolve discrepancies. Provide Finance with a quarterly account write-off patient list.
- Assemble pertinent patient information such as charts, x-rays and laboratory reports prior to appointments and ensure follow-up and applicable billing information is received and entered into computer. Request, collect and return charts to Health Records.
What you bring
- Grade 12 graduation
- Completion of a dental receptionist course
- One (1) of year recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You have demonstrated ability to:
- Keyboard 45 w.p.m.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $23.81 per hour
Hours of Work: 0700-1500 / 0730-1530 / 0800-1600 Monday-Friday
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.