More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Biostatistician Centre for Lymphoid Cancer - BC Cancer Research Institute
Biostatistician Centre for Lymphoid Cancer
BC Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver BC
What you’ll do
- Develop novel statistical models to discover untapped potential in clinical data, biological phenomena, and novel associations of clinic-biologic factors with patient outcomes.
- Monitor and assess existing provincial clinical database of lymphoma patients to provide accurate and timely information. Provide regular reports and presentation of statistical analyses and results to the group
- Provide support for the development and collaboration of experimental design of research projects to ensure statistical rigor. Evaluate existing and emerging data analysis tools, provide recommendations regarding new tool adoption and perform risk/impact analyses in support of the planning of system development, enhancement and maintenance.
- Perform quantitative data analyses using advanced statistical methodologies and statistical software.
- Identify and provide advice about data limitations and ensure adequate data quality for analytic purposes.
- Link data sources from the provincial clinical lymphoma database with other major health information systems such as the Ministry of Health (Vital Statistics, hospital discharge database, Pharmanet, Medical Services Plan). Maintain relationships with senior managers in these organizations; take measures to protect all data and information being used to comply with protection of confidentiality and privacy policies.
- Develop and produce analytical outputs (e.g. reports, presentations, posters) that support the Centre for Lymphoid Cancer Agency and BCCRC Committees in the monitoring, planning and evaluation of population trends, health services utilization, and health outcomes for lymphoid cancer interventions, including health care system quality trends and variations.
What you bring
You will have:
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (until July 4, 2024)
675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0900-1700
Requisition Number: 109203
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 2, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.