More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Biostatistics and Data Linkage Leader - BC Centre for Disease Control
Biostatistics and Data Linkage Leader
Information Management & Surveillance, BC Centre for Disease Control
The scope of this role and assignments varies and may be focused on COVID-19 surveillance, assessment of disease outcomes through analysis of integrated administrative datasets, infectious disease modeling and other priorities and initiatives. Strong programing skills in R, Python and/or SAS preferred. Experience with data science/machine learning, visualization or infectious disease dynamic modeling tools desirable.
What you’ll do
What you bring
- A Master's degree in statistics/biostatistics
- Five (5) years of recent related experience including progressive increases in responsibilities for complex data linkage, data management and analysis.
- Extensive experience with data cleaning, management, and analysis using large, complex health administrative databases.
- Excellent SAS programming skills including SQL and macro writing. Familiarity with R or Stata an asset.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Effective communication both verbally and in writing.
- Self directed manner, requests feedback as required and manages multiple projects concurrently.
- Work efficiently and effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0830-1630
Requisition Number: 99319 / 99320
What we do
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) bccdc.ca is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 21, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.