More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Biostatistics and Data Linkage Leader - BC Centre for Disease Control
Biostatistics and Data Linkage Leader
BC Centre for Disease Control
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Biostatistics and Data Linkage Leader provides statistical consultation as it relates to the design and statistical analysis of epidemiological datasets.
What you’ll do
- Provide statistical and data linkage consultation to the BCCDC through leadership in data linkage and participation in cross-divisional projects.
- Lead and collaborate in planning, implementation, analysis and interpretation of analyses focusing on the epidemiology of communicable and non-communicable diseases, including the evaluation of public health programs through linkage to, and evaluation of, population health outcomes.
- Collaborate in centre wide initiatives to link data, design and carry out analyses that address questions related to the BCCDC mandate, such as information on the epidemiology of disease and its risk factors, effectiveness and safety or programs or interventions, and related issues.
- Provide training on various aspects of applied biostatistics to professionals within BCCDC and external partners.
- Link clinical and administrative databases and develops complex databases; develop programs and processes for data extraction, cleaning, linkage, and routine procedures; develop, validate and standardize definitions and analytic code.
- Manages data entry and verification, develop and applies data quality assurance procedures.
- Document metadata and analytic procedures.
- Develop user-friendly applications, as necessary; create and manipulate datasets using SAS and R software.
- Carry out statistical analysis according to specifications of project analysis plans; prepare and reviews analytic output.
- Generate statistical models and introduces new statistical methodologies and study designs; perform statistical analysis on dynamic study data.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master's degree in statistics/biostatistics.
- Five (5) years of recent related experience including progressive increases in responsibilities for complex data linkage, data management and analysis.
You also have:
- Requires extensive experience with data cleaning, management, and analysis using large, complex health administrative databases.
- Excellent SAS programming skills including SQL and macro writing.
- Familiarity with R or Stata an asset.
- Demonstrates excellent written and presentation skills.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Works in a self directed manner, requests feedback as required and manages multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V5Z 4R4
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday; 0830-1630
Requisition # 130219
What we do
The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable diseases and promoting environmental health for the province of BC. BCCDC is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCDC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.