More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Booking Clerk, Medical Genetics - BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
Booking Clerk, Medical Genetics
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
What you’ll do
- Book patients according to established priorities and guidelines to coordinate the flow of patients through the PMGP by liaising closely with geneticists, head genetic counsellor, and other laboratories and Programs within B.C. Women's Hospital (Diagnostic/Ambulatory Program, Fetal Diagnostic Services, and Maternal Fetal Medicine). Assist with prioritizing and facilitating appointments for both general and prenatal patients which may be urgent and complex by evaluating patient information such as patient history, test results and pertinent reports. Identify concerns to physician/clinical staff as required.
- Receive initial requests for referral information from physicians’ offices.
- Schedule new patient referrals and follow-up appointments according to established priorities, based on degree of urgency, type of medical indication, and type of test or procedure. Coordinate and book diagnostic procedures, interpreters, and videoconferencing as appropriate. Schedule cases which require urgent consultation with the On-Call Team. Assist in establishing daily patient priority and coordinates the flow of patients through the Program. Process physicians’ instructions including preparing and facilitates completion of requisitions and forms as appropriate.
- Create and maintain Medical Genetics charts, updates the patient database. Initiate and receive retrieval requests for off-site medical records storage with contracted vendor, as well as health records within the hospital.
- Communicate with patients and/or physicians’ offices of scheduled appointments, procedures, and information and/or counselling for preparation required by the patient prior to coming for their appointments.
What you bring
- Completion of Grade 12
- Two (2) years recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
You also have the ability to:
- Keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Wage: $23.81 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday; 0800-1600
Requisition # 114829
What we do
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 29, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.