More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Budget and Program Support Analyst, Vaccine and Pharmacy Services - BC Centre for Disease Control
Budget and Program Support Analyst, Vaccine and Pharmacy Services
BC Centre for Disease Control
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Budget and Program Support Analyst is responsible for developing and recommending the pharmaceutical, biological and related supplies component of the annual budgets for various program areas, and provides analyses, advice and recommendations based on inventory and financial reports, forecasts and expenditures.
What you’ll do
- Provide analyses, advice and recommendations to the BCCDC Lead for Harm reduction and Operations Director of Vaccine and Pharmacy Services, in support of the strategic decision making process regarding the distribution of drugs, biologicals and harm reduction supplies.
- Budget preparation and reporting for Pharmaceuticals, Biologicals and Harm Reduction Program.
- Participate in and support Supply Chain negotiations for harm reduction supplies by providing site information, volume and cost information and trend data.
- Provide ongoing support to the Harm Reduction Committee and its members by performing ad hoc analysis as required in addition to managing and maintaining the harm reduction database.
- Propose options and resolutions from the Program elements such as disease or supplier activities as they affect product forecasting, unit cost pressures etc.
- Prepare analytical reports on inventory purchases, movements as well as trends and projections and assists in the development of funding applications.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelors degree in Commerce with a major in Management Information Systems or Transportation and Logistic
- Five (5) years experience in budget preparation and analysis in a warehouse or logistics environment with budgets in excess of $20M.
You have the ability to:
- Superior analytical skills including the ability to comprehend, analyze and resolve complex issues and present information in concise meaningful ways.
- Ability to understand and perform complex statistical and trend analyses, projections and forecasts.
- Ability to work with various types of complex information systems and expert skills in MS Excel and MS Access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present complex financial information in easily understood ways.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills and attention to detail.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Location: 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4R4
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0800-1600
Requisition Number: # 124802E
What we do
The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable diseases and promoting environmental health for the province of BC.
BCCDC is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCDC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of April 7, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.