More than just a job.
We enable health services providers to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care, using enterprise standards and frameworks to deliver useful information and clinical tools reliably and consistently, anytime, anywhere. IMITS manages over 300 applications across business, clinical and research environments, serving over 50,000 front line, administrative and research staff to enable over 4.8 million patient encounters a year. As a successful candidate, you will deliver support to enable PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care. You have initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem solving abilities, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time,
Temporary, Casual, Contractor
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal
What does it take to be a successful in an IMITS role at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. IMITS boasts a complement of 800 full-time staff who provide tech support and services to 50,000+ staff across PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, Serve with purpose.
"We are fortunate to have an amazing team of intelligent, reliable and dedicated professionals. Our health care system depends on a number of systems and technologies to function correctly and efficiently, and your commitment to this organization does not go unnoticed. Thank you for the incredible contributions that you make - not only enable the health system today but to help transform the system for the future to improve patient and provider experiences."Shannon Malovec Executive Vice President, Digital Health & Information Services
"I haven't been in any other workplace where the managers or teams have been so supportive of my development or pushing me to try new things."John Panzo Business Analyst, Project Services
"No two days are the same. It's a lot of analysis, a lot of thinking. If you like to pull things apart and bring them back together and make it something better."Shukri Ahmed Clinical Lead
800+ full-time staff
Technology Services oversees the management of over 64,000 workstations across 259 sites and the infrastructure for the province’s centralized data centre.
Due to its unique provincial visibility, Technology Services is also accountable for province-wide services such as the E-Health Network Gateway and the Physician Private Network.
Behind The Scenes In The Network Lab
Benefits and Perks
Benefits vary by job type and are confirmed in the interview and hiring process.
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs
Enrollment in defined benefit Municipal Pension Plan
The opportunity to grow and advance your skill set in a large scale environment
We encourage "You" Time For Activities that inspire and motivate
Work with individuals bringing expertise from a variety of backgrounds
Business Analyst and Project Support - BC Cancer
Business Analyst and Project Support
The Business Analyst and Project Support leads the analysis and documentation of business requirements to support projects for designated programs/services. Works in close collaboration with other stakeholders to develop business systems enhancements, business solutions, or business processes. Functions as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to project team through performing gap analysis of systems and business process mapping including the identification of linkages to other business systems. Provides key contributions to the development of solutions to ensure that business processes and/or project deliverables are consistent, accurate, and timely. Participates in and contributes to strategic planning. Develops project plans for the design, development, and implementation of new business processes, and supports the transition from current systems, practices and processes to an integrated system, common practices, and standardized processes with current or improved functionality.
What you'll do
Ensure key results are achieved in accordance with the project plan by analyzing current business systems and processes, generating ideas and formulating recommendations/options, and supporting members of the project in reaching decisions that are within project scope and timelines.
- Implement or contribute to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support the Manager/Team Lead by providing regular updates on the progress as well as any areas of risk associated with the completion of the project both within the project scope and the timeline.
- Provide professional expertise to staff, departments, stakeholders, and guidance regarding standard process for project management.
- Review, analyze and define current/future state processes and contribute to the development of specifications and testing for all identified development, system modifications, and installations.
- Provide user support, advice and orientation. Develop content, as required, for training modules, deliver training, and provide and guidance to system users and department staff. Develop and maintain online course content as required. Develop and maintain various business processes, policies and procedures, as well as reference documentation such as user instructions, manuals, and reference materials.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Health Information Science, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Five (5) years recent related experience which includes project planning, analysis and implementation. Public Service and Health Sector experience and knowledge an asset.
- The ability to carry out business process mapping and fit gap analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability manage multiple interactions with multiple groups while working on multiple issues at the same time.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and system analysis skills.
- Proven ability to plan and execute projects with stringent timelines.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to provide professional expertise to staff, departments and IMITS stakeholders, and guidance regarding standard processes for project management.
- Demonstrated ability to provide user support, advice and training, and other user liaison services.
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365, TesRail and JIRA
- Experience with Technical business requirements gathering & documentation
- Workflow documenation & updating (VISIO)
- Clinical inforamtion system troubleshooting experience
- Clinical information system quality assurance/tsting/testing coordination experience
As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have:
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Salary Range: $59,344 - $85,308. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate’s relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles.
Location: 600 W 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 08:00-16:00; This is a hybrid role where the successful candidate will be able to work remotely part of the time.
Requisition # 135880E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.