More than just a job.
We enable health services providers to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care, using enterprise standards and frameworks to deliver useful information and clinical tools reliably and consistently, anytime, anywhere. IMITS manages over 300 applications across business, clinical and research environments, serving over 50,000 front line, administrative and research staff to enable over 4.8 million patient encounters a year. As a successful candidate, you will deliver support to enable PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care. You have initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem solving abilities, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time,
Temporary, Casual, Contractor
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal
What does it take to be a successful in an IMITS role at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. IMITS boasts a complement of 800 full-time staff who provide tech support and services to 50,000+ staff across PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, Serve with purpose.
"I see every day the great work that our staff do. …seeing how staff show up every day to make sure that our systems are available, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for your contributions, thank you for your commitment to the organization, to making sure that those providers have the information they need, that the systems are highly available. What you do is very, very important every day."Ron Quirk Executive Vice President, Digital Information Services & Innovation
"I haven't been in any other workplace where the managers or teams have been so supportive of my development or pushing me to try new things."John Panzo Business Analyst, Project Services
"No two days are the same. It's a lot of analysis, a lot of thinking. If you like to pull things apart and bring them back together and make it something better."Shukri Ahmed Clinical Lead
Technology Services oversees the management of over 64,000 workstations across 259 sites and the infrastructure for the province’s centralized data centre.
Due to its unique provincial visibility, Technology Services is also accountable for province-wide services such as the E-Health Network Gateway and the Physician Private Network.
Behind The Scenes In The Network Lab
Benefits and Perks
Benefits vary by job type and are confirmed in the interview and hiring process.
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs
Enrollment in defined benefit Municipal Pension Plan
The opportunity to grow and advance your skill set in a large scale environment
We encourage "You" Time For Activities that inspire and motivate
Work with individuals bringing expertise from a variety of backgrounds
Business Technology Lead - (CST) Project, BC Cancer - Provincial Sites
Business Technology Lead
(CST) Project, BC Cancer - Provincial Sites
What you do
- Manage support services and application management services for BC Cancer programs as assigned.
- Work closely with BC Cancer Program Leaders, to plan and ensure technological needs of the Programs are appropriately articulated and identified to IMITS and PHSA Finance.
- Ensure that operational processes, support model and governance for BC Cancer solutions are aligned with processes established by BC Cancer, IMITS and VPP.
- Manage and effectively communicate processes related to IMITS initiatives to BC Cancer Program stakeholders.
- Coordinate, liaise and collaborate with IMITS and other health authorities regarding desktop, network and other technical issues to ensure services are provided by IMITS.
- Liaise with the BC Cancer Privacy staff to support their work but is not accountable for privacy functions.
- Work across programs and Health Authority partners to make decisions on process improvements as it relates to service delivery, in order to provide support for end users and resolve issues.
- Lead, plan and coordinate all aspects of the informatics projects undertaken.
- Establish detailed project charter, plans and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables. Execute project plan according to project methodologies, ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components, consult with stakeholders as needed and ensure readiness for project implementation.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to Master’s in Business Administration, a degree in Computer Science, Health Informatics Management, and/or a related field.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in a large, complex information systems application environment
- A minimum of three (3) years in a team lead role.
What you have
- Knowledge of mainstream clinical & business systems, and current techniques and application capabilities of a large-scale multi-site distributed computing environment.
- Effectively manage in a large and diverse environment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to facilitate and persuade others.
- Explain complicated technical issues in non-technical terms and in a non-technical manner.
- Customer focused with ability to facilitate and encourage cooperation between diverse operational groups and skill sets.
- Build and maintain effective relationships.
- Proven ability to plan and execute complex projects with stringent timelines.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Establish courses of action for self and others that are results-oriented.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full Time
Provincial position; primary work location may be any of the 6 sites, which include: Abbotsford, Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria and Prince George
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday – Friday 08:00-16:00
Requisition Number: 107766
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 10, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.