More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Cardiology Technologist, Ambulatory Clinics - BC Children’s Hospital
Cardiology Technologist, Ambulatory Clinics
BC Children’s Hospital
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Cardiology Technologist performs electrocardiograms (ECGs) and related cardiology diagnostic testing procedures such as cardiopulmonary exercise tests, holter hookup, monitoring and scanning, and cardiac screening in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
What you’ll do
- Explain and perform ECGs on patients in BC Children’s Hospital and in BC Women’s Hospital.
- Explain and perform cardiopulmonary exercise tests and/or treadmill stress tests by attaching electrodes to the patient and recording studies.
- Operate equipment, analyze data and records relevant information for interpretation by the cardiologist.
- Perform holter hook-up, monitoring, scanning and analysis for 24 / 48 hours recordings.
- Instruct patients and parents in the use of cardiac screeners and records trans-telephonic transmissions.
- Inform cardiologist of any abnormalities.
- Scan and analyze ECG, stress, and/or holter reports; informs cardiologist of any abnormalities.
- Maintain equipment by cleaning and replenishing supplies.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order.
- Working with Biomedical Engineering, troubleshoot equipment problems; refer malfunctions to appropriate area.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Replenish supplies for the Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology Lab.
What you bring
- Graduation from a recognized program in Cardiology Technology
- One (1) year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Current registration with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists.
- Eligible for membership with the Cardiology Technologist Association of British Columbia (CTABC)
- Current qualifications in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
You also have:
- Knowledge of and the ability to operate all equipment related to the position, including windows-based software packages such as word processing.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to working with new technology.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and patients.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively and function as an active member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workload and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and provide instructions.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children and families.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Casual
Wage: $29.70 to $37.11 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday; 0800-1600
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.