More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Certified Dental Assistant, Dentistry - BC Children's Hospital
Certified Dental Assistant, Dentistry
BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver BC, $24.92 per hour
What you’ll do
- Assist dentists with all aspects of dentistry performed in the Outpatient Clinic or Dental Operating Room.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of dental and medical health records; complete statistics for the Outpatient Department and Operating Room.
- Maintain dental instruments and equipment; maintain appropriate levels of dental supplies, linen, stores and pharmacy supplies.
- Expose and process analogue and digital diagnostic quality dental radiographs; make dental impressions, prepare models and performs other related laboratory duties.
- Perform prophylaxis, fluoride and fissure sealant procedures.
- Demonstrate preventative techniques to patients in clinics both within and outside the hospital.
What you bring
- Graduation from a recognized Certified Dental Assistant program
- One (1) year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration and licensure as a Certified Dental Assistant as required under the Dentist Act.
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively
- Physically perform the duties of the position
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Casual (0.01 FTE)
Wage: $24.92 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; As per rotation
Requisition Number: 98649
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.