More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clerk IV, Audiology & Speech Language Pathology - BC Children's Hospital
Clerk IV, Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
BC Children’s Hospital
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Clerk IV provides clerical support services to the department, including reception, typing, minute taking, and creating and maintaining filing systems.
What you’ll do
- Schedule and book patient appointments for solo audiology and speech language pathology assessments, by receiving appointment request, making follow up appointments, adjusting arrangements in accordance with patient and facility requirements, and assigning to time, date and location.
- Admit patients into the computerized patient care administration system.
- Order medical charts, receive patients into the department, and direct patients to their appointments.
- Act as a receptionist for the department by performing duties such as answering the telephone, taking messages, and answering and/or directing inquiries.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties, including typing correspondence, memos, reports, and other materials, photocopying and faxing information, sending, receiving, and sorting department mail, and setting up and maintaining filing systems.
- Telephone or transmit test results, assessments, and medical information to patients, physicians, and others.
- Arrange meetings as directed, book meeting rooms, and type and circulate notices and agenda.
- Take and transcribe minutes at departmental meetings and distributes accordingly.
- Prepare MSP billing cards.
- Order supplies for the department by completing the purchase requisition, and forwarding to Logistics upon authorization from the Clinical Coordinator and/or the Director.
What you bring
- Grade 12.
- Two (2) year's recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You also have the ability to:
- Keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Carry out the duties of the position.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Wage: $23.40 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday; 0800-1430
Requisition # 128611
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 22, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.