Clerk IVApply Now Apply Later
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women’s health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women’s is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre BCW’s mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 19, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the BC Children’s Health Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia.
BCW and BCCH are agencies of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Children’s & Women’s Health Centre
BC Metabolic Nutrition Program
Casual (0.01 FTE)
Pay Rate: $21.66/hour
Start Date: June 4, 2018
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority client safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Performs duties related to the ordering, procurement and distribution of nutritional products, such as specialized formula, amino acids, and enteral feeding supplies for the BC Metabolic Nutrition Program (BCMNP). This includes providing direct service to clients, shipping and associated clerical functions, such as responding to telephone enquiries, and taking/placing orders, and may require handling financial transactions. Other duties include ordering products using electronic ordering systems, preparing reports from program software, monitoring, receiving and restocking inventory in the BCMNP Warehouse and Formula Room (FR), and receiving and relaying messages from referring health care professionals.
- Performs duties related to the ordering, procurement and/or distribution of nutritional products and enteral feeding supplies. Duties include but are not limited to providing direct service to clients on the telephone or via email, maintaining inventory and related documentation of transactions and product shipment, and placing copy of transaction(s) in client file..
- Processes orders as per established guidelines and procedures. Maintains bookkeeping entries using computer software and prepares monthly invoices for internal hospital and health authority programs, home enteral feeding supplies, and external clients including other health authorities.
- Maintains perpetual client and inventory records in BCMNP by recording information such as stock disbursements and receipts on computer database. Contacts Supply Chain to obtain product information, cost and delivery details. Keeps current pricing and processes changes in pricing of items to maintain cost recovery for the BCMNP
- Using the hospital computer system, places orders with designated outside suppliers for warehoused items or for specific purchase orders for BCMNP and Formula Room. Receives stock. Matches documents such as invoices, receiving reports and packing slips with purchase orders; maintains files of these documents. Contacts Supply Chain by telephone and/or email correspondence regarding unmatched documents or problems such as incomplete shipments or damaged goods.
- Obtains information and updates on issues related to procurement, shipping and returns from suppliers.
- Communicates product information changes and client issues with products to the Coordinator, BCMN
- Performs a variety of direct service activities, such as answering phones, taking orders, answering inquiries regarding product orders, receiving mail, receiving and relaying messages, and receiving clients to the BCMNP. Forwards problems and complex queries to the Coordinator.
- Prepares stock for use by placing on shelves and in bins, checks for expiry dates, rotates stock, disposes of outdated stock in BCMNP and in the Formula Room. Keeps work stations, and storage areas clean and tidy
- Maintains and updates computer generated shipping manifest. Arranges shipment to clients as needed by contracted courie
- Initiates and maintains client profile database for clients in BCMNP program
- Verifies inventory by performing physical inventory counts as required
- Types, photocopies, files a variety of documents, including correspondence, reports, minutes
- Performs related duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience
- Grade 12 plus two years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.