More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clerk Receptionist, Functional Imaging - BC Cancer Vancouver
Clerk Receptionist, Functional Imaging
BC Cancer Vancouver,
What you’ll do
- Perform a variety of reception duties including receiving patients and visitors, answering inquiries and giving directions, assisting patients and other visitors including directing patients to other areas within the Centre.
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as desktop computer, photocopier, fax machine, multi-line telephone, and addressograph including carrying out minor maintenance such as clearing paper jams, reloading paper trays, and changing toner cartridges.
- Obtain information required to assign Agency ID from Requesting Departments, enter into information systems information such as name, address, date of birth and contact information and notifies requestor by phone or fax when Agency ID has been assigned.
- Process incoming PET/CT scan requests according to department procedure by collecting outside films/reports pertinent to PET/CT scan, attaching outside reports to the PET/CT request form, ensuring reports/films are available electronically for Functional Imaging medical staff to review and prioritize. Input appropriate statistical codes into database for wait time tracking.
- Prepare PET/CT consent form packages for presentation to patients arriving for their procedures.
What you bring
- Grade 12, plus one year of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
600 W 10th Ave, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Saturday: 0700-1500/0730-1530/0800-1600/0930-1730/1030-1830/11-1900
Requisition Number: 99717
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.