More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinic Nurse, Specialized Clinics - BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
Clinic Nurse, Specialized Clinics
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre, Vancouver BC, $36.23 to $47.58 per hour
The Clinic Nurse provides and coordinates outpatient nursing activities such as patient assessment, patient a teaching, clinic procedures and health promotion activities consistent with nursing scope, practice and professional standards, established policies, standards of care and philosophy at BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre. This role will be a member of the Women's Health Centre's (WHC) , a sub-specialty multidisciplinary team and provides outpatient nursing activities such as patient assessment, patient teaching, clinic procedures and health promotion activities consistent with established clinic policies.
This Clinic Nurse primary focus will be providing nursing care and education to patients within the three key out patient programs located at the Women's Health Centre (WHC)
- Early Pregnancy Assessment Clinic
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Clinic
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
What you’ll do
- Plan and coordinate with medical staff, allied health team members and community agencies for patient care plans and assessments in the clinic. Support the delivery of care in the clinic by making adjustments in patient assignments/schedules. Utilize and implement appropriate nursing skills/techniques in the care of the ambulatory patient in the assigned clinic/program.
- Coordinate assessment and post assessment referrals, responds to patient, family and health care member’s enquiries, and liaises with other support diagnostic services/ community health services in coordinating patient referrals.
- Collect and document patient health care information including updating charts and obtaining information from community providers regarding current treatment and objectives. Maintain complete and accurate records of nursing observation, interventions, teaching and evaluation of nursing care. Maintain complete and accurate records of telephone communications as well.
- Teach patients, family members, and other caregivers by providing and explaining diagnosis and treatment information, demonstrating procedures and the use of equipment, and evaluating the overall effectiveness of the selected teaching methods.
- Participate in the orientation and continuing education of nursing and other allied healthcare staff and students by preceptoring and mentoring.
- Act as a clinical resource/support person to patients and families, nursing and health care professionals, as required.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- Two (2) years recent related experience in the designated clinic setting and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You will have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work in all areas of the clinic
- Relate effectively to patients and their families and others.
- Function as an active member of a multidisciplinary team, and function as a nursing resource.
- Demonstrate effective CPR techniques.
- Organize work
- Physically perform the duties of the job.
- Operate related equipment including applicable computer software.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular, Part-Time (0.40 FTE)
Wage: $36.23 to $47.58 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Thursday’s & Friday’s; 0800-1600
Requisition Number: 106446
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of April 11, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.